Lifeline Screening will be at Northside on Oct. 9. Lifeline offers a 4-screening package to provide early detection for risks of stroke and cardiovascular disease. The combination of these tests helps detect problems before you have symptoms and while you and your doctor can still take action so you can keep doing the things you love. To register for an appointment and to receive a special discount, call 877-792-8479.
Do you have high cholesterol or high blood pressure? Have members of your family suffered from these ailments? Do you have a poor diet? If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, you may want to consider being screened through the services of Life Line Screening. Life Line Screening uses ultrasound technology to view the plaque build up in your carotid arteries, the main arteries that carry blood to the brain. Blockages in these arteries are a leading cause of stroke.
Ultrasound screenings to identify risk factors for cardiovascular disease include:
- Carotid Artery (plaque buildup-a leading cause of stroke)
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (an enlargement or weak area in the main blood vessel that carries blood from the heart to the rest of the body)
- Peripheral Arterial Disease (hardening of the arteries in the legs)
- Heart Rhythm Screening (an EKG to detect Atrial Fibrillation-irregular heartbeat)
- Osteoporosis Risk Assessment for men and women.
Being proactive about your health by knowing your risks helps you and your doctor address problems early.