“Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Romans 12:10
Have you ever
- visited a senior and looked forward to the next visit because you were so encouraged?
- written a note to a senior because you missed his or her smile?
- worked to clean up storm damage from a senior’s home?
- checked a senior’s computer connection to stream a worship service?
Volunteer with the Senior Member Support ministry. A wonderful experience awaits!
In 2020, due to the pandemic, communication and interaction came to a near standstill. Many senior members of the Northside family were affected by isolation and need. In 2022 the Senior Member Support (SMS) ministry restarted. Without replacing physical family responsibilities, SMS builds and strengthens relationships within the spiritual family.
· Northside volunteers can be any age, depending on the need.
What can be done to help SMS?
- Northside family can volunteer to help with communion delivery, communication, visits, technology assistance, or handyman repairs.
- Call Paulette Ware (316) 990-7287, Ken Ellis (316) 689-2200, or Bob Eroh (316) 644-1814.
- Fill out an involvement survey located on the Information Booth in the foyer.
What can a Northside Senior Member do to help SMS?
- Notify SMS leaders of a need with home, health, or technology, or even just to talk. Leaders are David & Brenda Heller (316) 640-6466 and John & Brenda Sandlin (316) 253-5126.
- Fill out a card in the front pocket of the attendance book and leave it in a box by the doors at the back of the auditorium.
- Senior members can volunteer, too!
God is not unjust: He will not forget your work and the love you have shown Him
as you have helped His people and continue to help them. Hebrews 6:10